In my skincare regimen there are a few staples I’ve been using consistently for years and won’t go without. Best thing about them? They can be found at your local drugstore for under $10!
- I’ve seriously been using Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash since I was a teenager. It is the first product I ever used consistently in my skincare routine and I STILL use it religiously day and night. It’s soap free and great for sensitive skin. When I travel I take it with me, and it always helps to keep my skin balanced. I’ve tried other products and I always come back to it.
2. Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer Lotion SPF 15 is my go to daily moisturizer- I apply it after C serum, and before makeup. I love this one because it’s not greasy or chalky like some other moisturizers with SPF. I wear it year round and it does a good job protecting my skin and keeping it hydrated. It comes in normal or sensitive, I get the sensitive one.
3. I love using Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes to remove my left over eye makeup after washing my face. They are also great to bring to the gym or on the go. I like to use them in the morning when I’m not ready to wash my face yet. They are the only wipes I’ve tried that don’t irritate the delicate skin around the eye area, but they are strong enough to get the job done without leaving any residue on your face. No perfumes, dyes, or harsh chemicals in these either. I buy the double pack when I can find it.
4. CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion is my night time moisturizer- I apply it after retinol cream and eye serum. It glides on smooth and absorbs into my skin over any other products I might be using at the time. It is another great item for sensitive skin (see a theme here?) and I don’t wake up feeling greasy. They also make one for daytime with SPF- I tried it, but it didn’t work well under my makeup and it made me breakout. I use the PM lotion during the day sometimes too!
5. I used to laugh when my friend would whip out this Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick and constantly lather her lips with it- until I got one myself. I love Palmer’s cocoa butter products and this stick is the best, plus it comes in SPF 30. I’m obsessed with SPF. I actually use this on my lips all day long, when I’m going to be in the sun and also before bed. It’s easy to travel with, and you can use it on any dry areas.
What are your favorite drugstore skincare or makeup products? Let me know!